www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Looking for a Cabela 20"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> The Trading Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwguy

PostPosted: Wednesday 1-13-2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Looking for a Cabela 20" Reply with quote

Would love to have one if someone wants to part with one, or knows someone who is willing to sell.
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Wednesday 1-13-2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one, email me. BIGDADDYBR549@hotmail.com
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Wednesday 1-13-2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary, I'm having email problems tonite, Charter is here working on it. I'll email you later tonite or in AM
cwguy

PostPosted: Thursday 1-14-2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem :Smile 1:
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Thursday 1-14-2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Cary, my sons don't want me to let it go, didn't realize they were interested. I'm going to start looking for one for you. Again sorry for that
cwguy

PostPosted: Thursday 1-14-2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's totally fine.. There are more out there. I think it's neat that your sons are interested in DO cooking... lol --mine like to eat what I make, but don't really have an interest in the process (yet)
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Friday 1-15-2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's new to me too, I guess now that he has a son about to start Cub Scouts he found a reason to be interested
Cast Iron Dave

PostPosted: Monday 5-23-2016 5:53 am    Post subject: 20 inch DO Reply with quote

I borrowed a friends 20" Cabelas DO to make Tamale pie for 40. The last time I was at Cabelas they had a 20" CI Frying pan and lid I think with a couple of trivets (under) and a lenght of chain to keep the charcoal on top it would make a serviceable DO. Worst case scenario I end up with a 20" fry pan and lid
cwguy

PostPosted: Wednesday 7-20-2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cabelas 20" skillet is definitely on my wish list... With a couple of other guys, we cooked for a week long girls' camp (cooking for 30), and there were meals that a big skillet like that would have definitely come in handy.

Anyone know how many quarts the Cabelas 20" dutch holds? --I can't seem to find specs online for it anymore...

thanks,
Cary
bigfoote

PostPosted: Thursday 7-21-2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwguy wrote:
The cabelas 20" skillet is definitely on my wish list... With a couple of other guys, we cooked for a week long girls' camp (cooking for 30), and there were meals that a big skillet like that would have definitely come in handy.

Anyone know how many quarts the Cabelas 20" dutch holds? --I can't seem to find specs online for it anymore...

thanks,
Cary

I am guessing but I think it would be around 14 quarts. My 16" holds 10 quarts, and my 14" holds 8 quarts.
cwguy

PostPosted: Saturday 7-23-2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks --that makes sense :-)
Quarterbore

PostPosted: Monday 8-8-2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigfoote wrote:
cwguy wrote:

thanks,
Cary

I am guessing but I think it would be around 14 quarts. My 16" holds 10 quarts, and my 14" holds 8 quarts.

I don't think this is correct. The 16-inch Cabela's Dutch Oven is rated to 12-quarts and I need to pour something I can measure in there as it looks like it could be even bigger than that as it is a pretty deep and squarish bottom compared to a Lodge. The 20-inch has to be 20-quarts plus.
cwguy

PostPosted: Monday 8-8-2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh... thanks for the info :-)
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Tuesday 5-2-2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Back in the Saddle again.. but the 20" got heavier! Reply with quote

I haven't been cooking the last few years due to my wife's health and sort of let the iron collect dust. Was asked last weekend to fill in for a sick cook and feed 40 Boy Scouts prepping to go this summer to National Jamboree. Cooked Sat breakfast, made 3- 12" ovens of Mountain Breakfast and 120 biscuits. Fri nite supper was Cowboy beans, a 12" deep of onion and peppers, and 84 brats. I got out the 20" Cabelas oven, browned them and then let the warm in a cider bath till eat time.That sure was a pretty sight. I was plumb tuckered out but had forgot how much I enjoyed and missed those ovens.
Aggroman
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tuesday 5-2-2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome. Glad you got to get back into it for a bit. I know all about the dust collecting. January was my last time. Sad I hate being this busy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> The Trading Post All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: