www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Citrus Marinated Skirt Steak Tacos With Aji Verde Sauce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Cooking Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camadile

PostPosted: Thursday 6-16-2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Citrus Marinated Skirt Steak Tacos With Aji Verde Sauce Reply with quote

Skirt steak (or "flap meat") is one of my most favorite cuts of beef. It is super tender, has good marbling and really takes to a marinade! Because it is relatively thin, I have found that the key to cooking it is to hit it hot, hard and fast on very high heat so that the outside is "blackened" but the inside is rare to medium rare. My Mojoe Griddle is the perfect tool for searing this cut of meat and the sugars in the citrus marinade that I used promotes an absolutely wonderful blackening effect!

The marinade: Three oranges, two lemons, two limes, one tbs. garlic powder, one tbs. onion powder, salt and pepper (cayenne optional). Marinate for about an hour.

The other star of this taste explosion taco is the Peruvian Aji Verde sauce. Verde means green and boy, is it ever green! There are many variations on this sauce but after many tries, I have come up with one that works perfectly on a carne asada taco. The recipe includes cilantro, pasilla chilies, jalapenos, bell pepper, garlic, lime, cottage cheese, salt pepper and oil.

So my son made a video of this cook. Fair warning, a good friend of mine stopped over to my house just as we were starting the cook and after a couple of beers, she got a little wacky and I played along with her antics! A good time was had by all and the evening was capped off with some incredible tacos. The recipe for the Aji Verde sauce is fully explained/demonstrated in the film. Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/MkMIKSLTx-k

Cam

www.mojoeoutfitters.com
www.youtube.com/user/mojoeoutfitters
www.facebook.com/mojoeoutfitters
dakcub

PostPosted: Friday 6-24-2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We love our MoJoe griddle, My son borrowed it and I'll probable never see it again....NOT now he can do the cooking,.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Cooking Videos All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: