www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

John N. Willems AKA Wishbone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Around the Campfire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeabeeCook

PostPosted: Wednesday 11-6-2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: John N. Willems AKA Wishbone Reply with quote

I found Wishbone's obituary in the Kansan newspaper. The funeral is tomorrow. The obit has a photo of Wishbone standing behind his Dutch ovens.

John N. Willems

1948 - 2013 | Obituary

WHITEWATER John N. Willems, 65, passed away Nov. 2, 2013, at the Newton Medical Center Emergency Room, Newton.

He was born March 8, 1948, in San Francisco, Calif., the son of Arthur and Laura (Webb) Willems. On January 24, 1987, he was united in marriage to Kimberly Ann Crabill. The marriage was blessed with three children: Carrie Ann, Brandon and Adam. Before retirement, he was a fuel transport driver and he had driven trucks for various companies. He was active in the Centre Point Church; and was a member of the Southwest Kansas Dutch Oven Wranglers.

He is lovingly survived by his wife, Kim of Whitewater; his children, Carrie Ann Greever and her husband Kenneth of Augusta, Brandon Willems of Halstead and Adam Willems of K-State, Manhattan; his siblings, Richard Coney, Cynthia Wilhite and Marcia Flannigan, all of California; and one granddaughter, Emily.

Visitation with family will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, at Lamb Funeral Home in Whitewater. The funeral Service will be at 10 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at Centre Point Church in Whitewater.

Memorial funds have been established for the Adam Willems Educational Fund or for the Center Point Church in care of Lamb Funeral Home, PO Box 358, Whitewater, KS, 67154.

Published in The Kansan on Nov. 6, 2013- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thekansan/obituary.aspx?pid=167883086#sthash.Bn5MT87y.dpuf
SeabeeCook on Instagram
'Round the Chuckbox on Facebook
'Round the Chuckbox blog
Dutch Oven Cook

PostPosted: Thursday 11-7-2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. He will be missed. RIP Wishbone.
"There's no such thing as a bad cook if you learn something from it."

DOC
tapone

PostPosted: Thursday 11-7-2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news...... I will miss his posts. Happy Cookin' Wishbone!
Aggroman
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thursday 11-7-2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steven for posting this. Thoughts and prayers for his family. There are so many people on these forums that we build a friendship with just on the basic foundation of DO cooking, or kayaking, or whatever, and become a small part in someone's life. So many times i'm talking with somebody at work and i'll say, "Yeah, I have a buddy, or I know a guy in Southern Calif who does that..." Even though i've never met them in person. It's good to know when one of our own is no longer cooking with us on this earth. There are a ton that used to be very active and haven't heard from them in a very long time and can only wish them the best in this life or the next.

RIP Wishbone

Sad
Art & Pat Burns

PostPosted: Thursday 11-7-2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aggroman wrote:
Thanks Steven for posting this. Thoughts and prayers for his family. There are so many people on these forums that we build a friendship with just on the basic foundation of DO cooking, or kayaking, or whatever, and become a small part in someone's life. So many times i'm talking with somebody at work and i'll say, "Yeah, I have a buddy, or I know a guy in Southern Calif who does that..." Even though i've never met them in person. It's good to know when one of our own is no longer cooking with us on this earth. There are a ton that used to be very active and haven't heard from them in a very long time and can only wish them the best in this life or the next.

RIP Wishbone

Sad

You have summed this site up very well.
RIP Wishbone
Ibupropane

PostPosted: Friday 11-8-2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He contributed much here and other forums. He was always quick with a heads up on where to find items for our "cause". I will miss his contributions.
DG TX

PostPosted: Friday 11-8-2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord, may he be up there with You and working Your iron on Your chuckwagon Worship RIP potna Thumbs Up
Peace be with his family
Joanne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Saturday 11-9-2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that for us. He was a genuinely nice guy and will be greatly missed.

Joanne
Zelix

PostPosted: Monday 11-11-2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear. Prayers go out to him and his family.
hvac1877

PostPosted: Monday 11-11-2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time we all cook in our Do we need to do it in his honor!!!!!!!!! I allready told my wife if i go before her i want her to have a Dutch Oven Gathering in stead of a wake. I want everyone have a good time and think of al the goodtimes!!!! I having a DOG this weekend will cook in Wishbones memory!!!!!!!
www.olddominionironchefs.com
"we DO it in black pots"
Lostjohn

PostPosted: Wednesday 11-20-2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back into town and read this post. Would like to echo the sentiments already expressed. Wishbone will be missed. Prayers for his family during this time.

Lostjohn
jeepdad

PostPosted: Sunday 11-24-2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad indeed. RIP Wishbone.

Scott, I agree, well said my friend. I do the same thing all the time.

--Dan
Ben_There

PostPosted: Monday 11-25-2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shocked and fought back tears as I read this, but... thanks for telling us. He was a kind person, and I can only imagine how much more the people who really knew the full level of his kindness must be grieving the loss. Of all the good people here on this site, he had done the most to reach out to me, to help me and get to know me. I was going to meet him in person on my big walk, and, of course, have a Dutch oven cookout with him. I will miss him and the friendship that he and I had only started to build.
fogcrawler
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wednesday 11-27-2013 12:42 am    Post subject: I pulled on the wishbone..... Reply with quote

Worship and said a prayer for him and his loved ones. Joanie & Dean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Around the Campfire All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: