www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

No Events in the Southwest ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cast Iron Dave

PostPosted: Thursday 6-28-2012 5:25 am    Post subject: No Events in the Southwest ? Reply with quote

This is embarassing if this is the truth.
heycods

PostPosted: Thursday 6-28-2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn ban!
Big D

PostPosted: Thursday 6-28-2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heycods I think Cast Iron Dave was refering to all of the black pot enthusiasts here in Calif.
heycods

PostPosted: Thursday 6-28-2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

figured yall were as dry as we are, I think we have ben in a burn ban for 4 years!
BigCAT

PostPosted: Thursday 6-28-2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: No Events in the Southwest ? Reply with quote

Cast Iron Dave wrote:
This is embarassing if this is the truth.

What kind of events are you looking for? I know that SoCalDOS, CCDOA, and Sequoia DO have been having DOGs. Nobody seems to post events from these groups anymore. Sad

What IS embarassing is there being a Sportsmans Warehouse in the heavily populated area around Sacramento and NOT having any local DO group to take advantage of such a resource. Crying
DG TX

PostPosted: Thursday 6-28-2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heycods wrote:
figured yall were as dry as we are, I think we have ben in a burn ban for 4 years!

Just 4 years??? Laughing And here comes July 4th! NEVER thought I would HATE a fireworks stand so bad Frightened Thumbs Down
Cast Iron Dave

PostPosted: Friday 6-29-2012 5:56 am    Post subject: YUP Reply with quote

I was refering to the lack of postings for our area. I do get e-mails from CCDOA it just didn't worked for me time or location wise (my fault, not theirs). You are right Big Cat we should see about a group more local for us. You,me, maybe Seabee cook. Anybody else from Sacramento,Auburn,Grass Valley,Roseville ETC. Anybody interested ?
Cast Iron Dave

PostPosted: Monday 7-9-2012 4:59 am    Post subject: I Understand Reply with quote

OK I'll drop it.
BigCAT

PostPosted: Monday 7-9-2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: I Understand Reply with quote

Cast Iron Dave wrote:
OK I'll drop it.

Don't get discouraged, Dave. I refrained from answering in the slight chance it might be me that keeps anybody else from answering. Sad
I know there are at least 6 or more folks from CCDOA that are more local to Sac than Modesto -south. Plus there has to be folks around here that are interested, considering how much iron goes through Sportsmans Warehouse. We just have to find a way to reach them.

How is your group up in Grass Valley doing?
heycods

PostPosted: Monday 7-9-2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there CI Dave, it will happen,
Cast Iron Dave

PostPosted: Monday 7-9-2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Sportsmans Warehouse Reply with quote

I should be by there in the next week. I 'll see if I can talk to the manager about maybe doing a "Demo" on camp cooking before deer season to promote their products.................Dave
Cast Iron Dave

PostPosted: Friday 7-13-2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Sportsmans Warehouse Reply with quote

OK BigCat I got the e-mail adress for the store manager. I'm thinking we do an instructional on DO and Camp cooking. Easy meals for deer camp etc. Part of it focused on guys who can't cook. Or maybe a DOG in the parking lot with instuctionals for people interested in learning how to cook with DO's, Any Ideas ?.........................Dave
Big D

PostPosted: Friday 7-13-2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking HMMMMMMMMMMMM? Sounds like it could happen. Thumbs Up
BigCAT

PostPosted: Monday 7-16-2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmans Warehouse Reply with quote

Cast Iron Dave wrote:
OK BigCat I got the e-mail adress for the store manager. I'm thinking we do an instructional on DO and Camp cooking. Easy meals for deer camp etc. Part of it focused on guys who can't cook. Or maybe a DOG in the parking lot with instuctionals for people interested in learning how to cook with DO's, Any Ideas ?.........................Dave

Anything sounds good, Dave. Only bummer is that we can't give out samples without the appropriate permits and inspections. A DOG sounds like fun. Would have to be completely self contained (ashes, waste water, etc.) and BYO shade! Thumbs Up

John
Pony Rider

PostPosted: Monday 7-16-2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always place what you cook on a tray, it is not your fault people take itoff your tray. You can always say we don't give out samples you know how people are. Better to ask forgivness then premission
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Southwest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: