www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Presto 6 qt. Aluminum Pressure Cooker on Sale @ Sears

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J2

PostPosted: Friday 3-16-2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Presto 6 qt. Aluminum Pressure Cooker on Sale @ Sears Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

I know some of us are learning to can our bounties and I saw this on sale for today and tomorrow (Mar 16 & 17, 2012). It is supposed to come with a canning rack, so I have ordered one for pick-up at my local store.

This is an on-line only deal. The regular price is $44.99, sale price is $29.99, but the online price is $26.99.

Here's the link http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00876034000P

I thought someone out there might be interested.

Joanne2
ironhead

PostPosted: Friday 3-16-2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a 6qt pressure cooker used mostly for cooking not for canning, If you want to can you need at least a 12qt or a 16qt so the jars will fit inside filled with whatever your canning unless you might be using 1/2 pints which might not be worth canning at all. That 6qt is great for roast by the way Thumbs Up
J2

PostPosted: Saturday 3-17-2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up. I thought it might be too small, but since it said it contained the rack, I thought I would take a chance. I will take a look at it. If I don't think it will work for me, it is easy enough to return. The store is only one town over.

Joanne2
J2

PostPosted: Saturday 3-17-2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got it home, opened it up, and closed it right back up, You were right ironhead it was too small. I appreciate the heads up. I would have been very disappointed without your heads-up. Now I am only slightly disappointed. Crying

Bringing it back tomorrow!

Joanne2
chris

PostPosted: Sunday 3-18-2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, isn't that why this forum is so great? A vast amount of combined knowledge ready to be shared among 'friends' !
ironhead

PostPosted: Sunday 3-18-2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J2 wrote:
Well I got it home, opened it up, and closed it right back up, You were right ironhead it was too small. I appreciate the heads up. I would have been very disappointed without your heads-up. Now I am only slightly disappointed. Crying

Bringing it back tomorrow!

Joanne2
Glad i could help J2 Wink here 's a link to wal-mart for the type of canner I use. It's perfect for canning and great quality as well http://www.walmart.com/ip/Presto-16-Quart-Aluminum-Pressure-Canner/5913467?sourceid=1500000000000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5913467
bigfoote

PostPosted: Sunday 3-18-2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two pressure cookers a 6 quart for cooking, and a 16 quart for canning.
J2

PostPosted: Sunday 3-18-2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for your input. My husband gave me a reality check after I decided the 6-qt was too small. With me starting a new job, I probably won't have time for canning this year so I'm going to look into it again next year.

Joanne2
dmb90260

PostPosted: Monday 3-19-2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J2 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your input. My husband gave me a reality check after I decided the 6-qt was too small. With me starting a new job, I probably won't have time for canning this year so I'm going to look into it again next year.

Joanne2

If he is attentive he now has a good hint for a Christmas or birthday present. (He may need an occasional reminder Laughing )
just remember to bring along your Dutch Ovens!!

The Buzz In The Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
J2

PostPosted: Monday 3-19-2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmb90260 wrote:
If he is attentive he now has a good hint for a Christmas or birthday present. (He may need an occasional reminder Laughing )

That's a wonderful idea. He just downloaded an app for his Kindle Fire with a To-Do-List. Maybe I'll sneak on close to my birthday and add "Buy Joanne a Pressure Canner" Laughing

Joanne2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Home Life All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: