www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

55 gal stanless steel tanks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doitright

PostPosted: Sunday 6-5-2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: 55 gal stanless steel tanks Reply with quote

A winery is closing down and I got three 55 gal stainless steel tanks for 70 each. After cleaning them up I plan on putting them in line with my city water. If needed I will be able to cut off water and have 165 gal of water. This way it will be always fresh I will not have to change out the water like a plastic tank. Please if there may be a problem please tell me.
doitright
Art & Pat Burns

PostPosted: Sunday 6-5-2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 gal stanless steel tanks Reply with quote

doitright wrote:
A winery is closing down and I got three 55 gal stainless steel tanks for 70 each. After cleaning them up I plan on putting them in line with my city water. If needed I will be able to cut off water and have 165 gal of water. This way it will be always fresh I will not have to change out the water like a plastic tank. Please if there may be a problem please tell me.
doitright

What is the purpose of cutting off the city water?

Art

Thinking
doitright

PostPosted: Sunday 6-5-2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 gal stanless steel tanks Reply with quote

What is the purpose of cutting off the city water?

Art

Thinking[/quote]

sorry about that. I did not make myself clear. I will cut off city water only if needed. Having the tanks in line will keep the water fresh. If city water gets bad I will be able to have 165 gal. on hand and fresh.
doitright
doitright

PostPosted: Sunday 6-5-2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: be ready Reply with quote

I have looked all over the place for tanks that I can put in line and they cost lots of money. With my new find of three 55 gal S S tanks I will be good to go. Food is easy to stock up but water is the down fall. With my tanks I will be good for several weeks rely 5.5 weeks for the three of us at 2 gal per day.
doitright
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Sunday 6-5-2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am soooo jealous. I have been looking for a cheap pressure tank to do the same thing for a year now. This should work great. The biggest problem with storing water is the turnover. This way you get fresh water into the tanks every day or so. I want to do the same with a valve and check valve to keep extra water on hand. The stainless steel will keep down rust and also keep out light. Great score Doitright.
doitright

PostPosted: Tuesday 6-7-2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: tanks Reply with quote

Hey Bigdaddy The tanks was from your neck of the woods. The winery was in Jackson but the owner was from here in Ripley. Sorry about that I will see if he has any more ss tanks. He dose have lots of plastic 55 gal tanks but they say you can not get the juice out of the plastic and will cause the water to go bad. As far as hooking them up I will stand them up. I will have water go in at top and out the side this way fresh water will be going through them all the time.
doitright
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Wednesday 6-8-2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doitright, WELL, you snatched them from my corner of the world. I would trust the SS more than the plastic for leaking. You could add a water heater dip tube to the inlet to circulate more if you wanted and a swing check on the inlet so if a main breaks outside you're water will not siphon back out. Being on city water with chlorine you won't have to worry about contamitation. Sounds like you got a great system, which I wish I had.
cliffmeister2000
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Monday 6-13-2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the desert, we store dehydrated water. Just add water. Laughing

Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Cliff

God, People
1John 4:9-11
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Monday 6-13-2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff, if I was there with you I'd take your hat off and beat you with it. But, that was funny, I don't care who you are!
siberian

PostPosted: Monday 6-13-2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that was funny Cliff! I'm still rolling on the floor laughing. Laughing
ironhead

PostPosted: Monday 6-13-2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use at least use one of those tanks for an Electrolysis tank. Gold Tooth Smile:
cliffmeister2000
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Monday 6-13-2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought electrolysis tanks had to be non-conductive?

Cliff

God, People
1John 4:9-11
ironhead

PostPosted: Tuesday 6-14-2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffmeister2000 wrote:
I thought electrolysis tanks had to be non-conductive?
Not necessarily, In this case the stainless steel barrel itself is used as the ultimate anode (It is what we will be electroplating with the rust from our good piece) completely surrounding the piece to be cleaned. I use a 55 gallon plastic barrel lined with SS that works great but would sure like to find a SS barrel to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Home Life All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: