www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

IDOS Chapter around here???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cajun Lady

PostPosted: Thursday 11-29-2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: IDOS Chapter around here??? Reply with quote

I sent off my membership to join the IDOS on October 23 and they still haven't cashed my check. It does say it takes 4-6 weeks to be acknowledged but I thought they would want that money in the bank by now.

Anyway, do you have info the IDOS chapters here in Florida, near Tampa or surrounding areas?

I'm ready to spend a day sweating over a hot dutch oven and eating the great project that comes out of it. Hook me up Jo...
Joanne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Friday 11-30-2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rebecca,

I'm still waiting on my membership as well. I've heard that they are slow getting the registrations through. I don't know what the deal is.

I checked the IDOS website and found a link to one Florida chapter. I don't know the local counties down there, so this may or may not be close to you. http://www.idos.com/Chapters/tabid/163/Default.aspx#

I hope they are close by!

Joanne
Triple F

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rebecca...There is in fact a chapter near you, it's called the Cracker Trail Chapter. I'm a memeber of that chapter, although I'm in the panhandle part of the state. I have yet to be able to attend one of their functions, but I have met one of the other members last January when I was in Sebring competing in the BBQ contest.
Cajun Lady

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Triple F:

Thank you for the info. I did know about the Cracker Trail but I thought there was one for my county, Hillsborough. I have looked but there are no members or officers or such so I guess the Cracker Trail is the closest so far. Did you enjoy the BBQ contest?
Triple F

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rebecca. I think that they do include Hillsborough in their coverage area...even if they don't I know they'd love to have you...I ain't but about 400 miles from them.
I did in fact enjoy the BBQ contest. I cook mainly FBA sanctioned contests on the prossional side and I normally would not of went to one that far away, but Jimmy Brod (the #3 ranked FBA team for 2007) hired me to go down there and cook for his family and sponsors in dutch ovens. I didn't do too well in the contest, but I had a real good time like I always do...and I think I might be wanted back for 2009.
Cajun Lady

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm hooked. Tell me how I join the Cracker Trail chapter...please. AND, I want to know when you are BBQ'ing around these parts. Do you have any pic's you could post or email? Do you do it strictly in the camp D.O. or other ways? I can just taste it now....mmmmmmm.
Triple F

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Bless your heart....it sounds as if you might be!

To join up with the Cracker Trail bunch all you need to do is just email Stew Gaylord and tell him that you are a member of IDOS....I think he'll need your membership expiration date from off the newsletter mailing label if you have one....if you haven't got one yet he'll take you on anyhow and get it later when you get a newsletter. Stew's address can be found on their site..... http://www.geocities.com/crackertraildo/

I have a few pics I can email....some BBQ and some dutch oven. When cooking in a BBQ comp...I strictly use smokers for that. I just got done cooking a BBQ contest this past weekend in Panama City. The BBQ contest was held in conjunction wwith a home and garden expo. I worked out a deal with the promoter and done 3 days of dutch oven demonstrations. It was fun but it's almost too much for a one man team....my feet and back are still sore. Crying
Cajun Lady

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Membership Reply with quote

Done. In fact, I emailed all three just in case. I watch the BBQ cook-offs on TV all the time (Food Network). I don't think I could do it...I would eat or sample all the goodies - there would be teeth marks in all the submissions. Laughing
Triple F

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Derek Bullock

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rebecca

You will be in Region 5 of IDOS the same as us folks in Australia. Welcome to IDOS.

They are very slow with memberships and that has been a complaint for quite some time. There is to be a change at the top of IDOS shortly and the incoming President Kent Rappleye has promised big changes.

Makes it very hard for me trying to get numbers going down here when folks complain that they pay their dues and never hear from anyone.

But in saying that ............. IDOS is all good.

Cheers

Derek

Derek Bullock

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if you want to chase up your membership, Jack Wallace is the Membership Clerk and you can contact him through the IDOS Website. http://www.idos.com/Default.aspx?tabid=101

Derek

Cajun Lady

PostPosted: Monday 3-10-2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Derek:

Actually, I do have an active membership with IDOS and I've got my 2007 and 2008 pins but I don't have a membership card yet (do you get one?) and I haven't received a newsletter, but I understand they aren't monthly. Yes, I too was not very happy with the time it took for their response to my membership request. In fact, I mailed a check to them in October and they said it was lost (in February) so I mailed another one and all of a sudden both checks were cashed the same day. Mr. Jack Wallace was a huge help getting my membership going and getting it straightened out (he's a very nice guy). Heck, I would volunteer to do the memberships if they don't have a reliable person. Yes, Kent sounds like he wants to shake things up and get it back on track. All in all, I think IDOS will be a good thing too.
Joanne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tuesday 3-11-2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple F wrote:
Hey Rebecca...There is in fact a chapter near you, it's called the Cracker Trail Chapter. I'm a memeber of that chapter, although I'm in the panhandle part of the state. I have yet to be able to attend one of their functions, but I have met one of the other members last January when I was in Sebring competing in the BBQ contest.

Hi Triple F!!

You snuck in under the radar so I didn't get a chance to welcome you to the list. It's neat that we have some Q guys around here. I know that there are a few of us interested in it as well as the Dutch Oven cooking. It's neat to see the exchange of information between the two areas of interest.

It looks like we are getting some real "foodies" here! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Again, welcome aboard!

Joanne
Triple F

PostPosted: Tuesday 3-11-2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joanne....I just found this site yesterday and was looking around some, liking what I saw, and I ran across Rebecca's question and I knew I could answer it for her so I went ahead and signed up. This is a very nice forum you have here with some good information and threads.
Willy-England

PostPosted: Tuesday 8-5-2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a chapter in England / UK...Willy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> South East All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: