www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Camp Jack/ Helper Input Needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Behind the Woodshed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trapper

PostPosted: Friday 4-7-2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Camp Jack/ Helper Input Needed. Reply with quote

While I know there are a lot of cooks here, I also know not many do it professionally. Even fewer I know of cook in remote places. But I thought I might get some feedback anyway.

I got a call from one of the outfitters I cook for. He and his wife had run an ad for a helper. I didn't see the ad. The person will be doing a lot of cleaning of all sorts as well as the cooks helper. This camp doesn't have stock so no wrangling, hauling big bags of feed or bales of hay, packing mules, Etc. No firewood cutting, splitting. Just cleaning the angler and hunter cabins, bathrooms, and the dining and kitchen areas.

They asked me if I would prefer a male or female since I would be supervising the new hire.

My answer was, "I don't see how gender has much to do with it. My best helpers have been athletes. My very best helper was a woman who had just graduated from College and was a starter on their soccer team. Athletes seem to know how to work as a team even if they are not the lead player. They don't give up when the weather turns to crap or they get tired. They are used to taking direction from coaches.

Males, particularly young males, don't typically make great house keepers. They are likely going to take a job like this thinking the outfitter will quickly move them up to a guide position and see sweeping floors and making beds as beneath them."

What does everyone else think? Who was your best Camp Jack/Helper?

Trapper
jeepdad

PostPosted: Monday 7-10-2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or prior military either gender.
bigfoote

PostPosted: Tuesday 7-11-2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife the best helper that I have ever had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Behind the Woodshed All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: