www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Another Charcoal Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Around the Campfire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aggroman
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Friday 6-9-2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Another Charcoal Sale Reply with quote

Just a heads up. Lowes has Kingsford 2-Pack 18.6-lb for $9.88 through the 14th.
Cast Iron Dave

PostPosted: Sunday 6-11-2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Kingdsford Longlife Reply with quote

I just saw a add for Kingsford Longlife Charcoal. Any reviews on it ?
Indytom

PostPosted: Monday 6-12-2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a formal review, but I have used it once for grilling. In my Weber kettle with the gas starting burner, it seemed to start just as easily and quickly as regular Kingsford. While cooking, I did not notice any real difference in heat output, but I do believe it lasted longer. After the cooking was finished, I was waiting for the fire to burn itself out so I could load up the grill for the trip home, and it seemed like that of the coals would not go out. I ended up scooping the last of them out and drenching them in water so I could cool the grill enough to handle.
I know that is not really a review, and what people are really interested in is how do they perform in DO cooking, but those are my experiences. I am hoping to get my ovens out this weekend for some serious cooking and I am planning to use the long burning Kingsford when I do.

Tom
Trapper

PostPosted: Wednesday 6-14-2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Another Charcoal Sale Reply with quote

Aggroman wrote:
Just a heads up. Lowes has Kingsford 2-Pack 18.6-lb for $9.88 through the 14th.

Thanks for the heads up. I showed them my VA card and they knocked another 10% off!

I stocked up.

Trapper :Smile 1:
CWallyD
Pied Piper of Cast Iron

PostPosted: Saturday 6-17-2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was into Wall Mart in Talorsville Utah to day and bought 2 18Lb bags charcoal Twin Packs for 7.88 Each.
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Sunday 6-18-2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7.88?? Wally, I think you just get those discounts from the lady employees cuz you're such a handsome devil. All use mere mortals have to pay full price. Hope you're well
CWallyD
Pied Piper of Cast Iron

PostPosted: Sunday 6-18-2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had charcoal in 2 places marked $7.88. They rang up $16.00 I told them and they change the price. Left snd went to Lowes and they were $ 16plus change.
I, doing ok for a old gesser. Getting my trailer ready to go camping and to trailer rally in Oregon. How are things with you and your family?
Happy Fathers Day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Around the Campfire All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: