www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

CampMaid Chimney

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChadVKealey

PostPosted: Tuesday 12-6-2016 11:09 am    Post subject: CampMaid Chimney Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for KickStarter campaigns and recently got in on this one https://campmaid.com/products/charcoal-chimney-new-product-launch-early-preview

I opted for just the chimney, but someone goofed and sent me the storage bag as well. Seems very well-made and easy to use and, indeed, it fits very nicely in a 12" standard DO. I haven't tried it out yet, but will this weekend. When camping or DO cooking, I'm rarely firing up more than 30-35 briquettes, so this should be plenty big enough and it much more convenient for packing than the compact Weber chimney I usually use. [/code]
CWallyD
Pied Piper of Cast Iron

PostPosted: Tuesday 12-6-2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son in law ordered one and I also ordered one they both came with a bag
We bought 2 more from Sportsman's Warehouse and they cam with bags.
ChadVKealey

PostPosted: Tuesday 4-25-2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to share that I actually got to use the Camp Maid chimney on Easter and it worked great! I filled it about nearly to the top (about 35 briquettes) and used a single Weber starter cube (atop an inverted tuna can) and the coals were glowing in under 10 minutes. There was a slight breeze, which I'm sure helped a bit, but I was very impressed with how well the chimney worked!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Dutch Oven Cooking All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: