www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

First time cooking for a crowd!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Catering & Cooking for Crowds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownie

PostPosted: Thursday 6-23-2016 5:45 am    Post subject: First time cooking for a crowd!!!! Reply with quote

Well, I lived through my first party. I cooked braised beef short ribs, two kinds of cowboy beans, yeast rolls and corn on the cob for 35 people in my dutch ovens. We had to transport everything to California for my Moms 90th birthday. That was the hardest part  I wanted to have everything I needed, including the ability to wash my hands and wash utensils as needed.

I had a blast. Everything finished cooking on time, no major calamities, except that we ran out of rolls. It was 96 degrees, but fortunately we live in Arizona, so it was warm but not too extreme.

This is my set up-

The beef short ribs were to die for. I purchased them from a small local meat market in Sierra Madre, CA called Taylors. They were absolutely beautiful right out of the butcher paper.

Nestling the seared ribs into my 14 DOs.

My chuckbox was a real hit with the guys, of course that was before the ribs were served-

I thought I took better pics of the finished ribs but this is all I have as everyone dives in-

Aggroman
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thursday 6-23-2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Looks awesome!

(glad you got your photos working too)

Thumbs Up
Buckeye Blues

PostPosted: Thursday 6-23-2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the pics.

I often cook for 35 to 40 people at our dog trials, but I don't have enough cast iron or time between breakfast and lunch to cook it all in.
Brownie

PostPosted: Thursday 6-23-2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks :-) And thank you Aggroman for the picture help!!! We were tired by the end of the day but it was so worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Catering & Cooking for Crowds All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: