www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Looking for some good camp cooking ideas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Campfire Cooking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icyblack

PostPosted: Saturday 8-29-2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Looking for some good camp cooking ideas. Reply with quote

Finally getting out camping next weekend, need some ideas for quickish meals, don't want to spend hours cooking but... My friends keep talking burgers and such but meh, I want a meal.

I never did get a dutch for coal cooking, so I'm going to be tied to the standard dutch ovens and skillets. Open fire cooking but i'm bringing a propane camp stove just in case.

Meals for 4.
David Hughes

PostPosted: Sunday 8-30-2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try some tent camp meals. I take a sheet aluminum foil for each person spray one side of it cut up veggies and let each person select the veggies they want and have them put the veggies on their foil season to taste lay a burger or a pc. of chicken on the veggies season with some bar-b-q sauce fold the foil up making a tent so it collect the steam and place then over the fire. in about 20 minute or so dinner is ready. No pans to clean you can even eat right off the foil. I use the heavy foil for this. I cut up all kind of veggies, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onion, celery, peppers what ever you like.

Dave
IN GOD WE TRUST
bobhenry

PostPosted: Monday 8-31-2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for some good camp cooking ideas. Reply with quote

icyblack wrote:
Finally getting out camping next weekend, need some ideas for quickish meals, don't want to spend hours cooking but... My friends keep talking burgers and such but meh, I want a meal.

I never did get a dutch for coal cooking, so I'm going to be tied to the standard dutch ovens and skillets. Open fire cooking but i'm bringing a propane camp stove just in case.

Meals for 4.

Here is a great little book that has 40 or so really great recipes.

http://www.amazon.com/Cast-Iron-Cooking-Inside-Out/dp/1563834235
The Teardrop Nanny

PostPosted: Monday 8-31-2015 11:25 am    Post subject: EZ Recipes Reply with quote

Hi icyblack,

You can check out the cooking channel that my husband and I have on YouTube. I feature many recipes which are EZ and done in a skillet and others done in a camp/dutch oven.

See the link below for Outdoor Cast Iron Cooking and choose from over a 100 webisodes featuring cooking in cast iron.

Joanie
OCIC

Life is uncertain....eat dessert first....preferably one cooked in a Dutch Oven.
Bud Lite

PostPosted: Tuesday 9-1-2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this a couple of nites ago and got good comments.
Easy to do and you can expand or improvise as you desire.

"A skillet-cooked mix of veggies and Italian dressing comes together in minutes to create a better-for-you weeknight chicken plate with a lively taste."

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/sizzling-chicken-veggie-skillet-115854.aspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Campfire Cooking All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: