www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Backyard Burgoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Cooking Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeway

PostPosted: Saturday 7-18-2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Backyard Burgoo Reply with quote

Despite the heat (heat index of 102 by ten am), I got up early and tried out my new flat-bottomed dutch oven on a recipe I've been thinking about for some time: Burgoo.

Burgoo has no set recipe; it's a real "throw in what you like". I actually forgot to add the tomatoes and banana peppers that I bought for this recipe, but it was darn good without them. I wish I had more home-canned or fresh veggies for this.

I didn't actually write down the ingredients I used, but I made sure they were all shown in the video. You can Google Burgoo or look it up on YouTube and get recipes if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSu4Qon1v8E
FFdoug

PostPosted: Monday 7-20-2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Burgoo Reply with quote

I made burgoo a couple years ago. The hardest thing for me was to find the okra. I had rabbit, beef, chicken, and pork. I made almost 5 gallons and the 20 guys at the fire station ate the pot dry. IT'S GOOD STUFF. Thumbs Up
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Tuesday 7-21-2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFdoug, did you cook it in that good lookin Firefighter oven of yours? BTW, I got all the okra here, having to pick it every day. Bout to wear me out!
FFdoug

PostPosted: Sunday 7-26-2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Burgoo Reply with quote

The firefighter kettle is only a 10" deep. That might of been enough for three guys. Laughing I used my cast iron gumbo pot. It hold 4.5 gallons level full, which doesn't leave any room for stirring. It worked very well. I had nice even heat all around. The okra is is a donation story. I had mentioned to some friends at the club, over some adult beverages, that I needed okra for this dish. As soon as it came into season, I had bags full.

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Cooking Videos All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: