www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Har!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Par

PostPosted: Thursday 2-12-2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Har! Reply with quote

So glad I stumbled onto this site.
I look forward to some good times, fine eatin and "chewing the fat."
Don't know too much about anything, but am hoping to learn a bit about some basics.
Please forgive typos as the most opportunities I get to participate are at work on a wee phone.
Par
Aggroman
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thursday 2-12-2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard! Tons of great info around here!
hvac1877

PostPosted: Thursday 2-12-2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Par!!! Where are you located at?
www.olddominionironchefs.com
"we DO it in black pots"
Par

PostPosted: Thursday 2-12-2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Har location Reply with quote

Say mate, just head up the bay a bit and take the river on the right that heads north into delaware.
Go under two bridges and just before the draw bridge give a hollar on channel 13 (MR) about 50% chance I'll here you in daylight hours.
Have an Inlaw in Richmond and a daughter in Lynchburg.
I end up there off and on throughout the year
Any good events happening around those parts?
hvac1877

PostPosted: Thursday 2-12-2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run the local dutch oven group hope to be posting our yearly events pretty soon plus got a big event in bird-in-hand pa in Oct
www.olddominionironchefs.com
"we DO it in black pots"
DG TX

PostPosted: Thursday 2-12-2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy from down in Texas! Thumbs Up GREAT to have you here with us at C-C!
Par

PostPosted: Thursday 2-12-2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Har at Texas Reply with quote

Yassir,
Son and i escaped from the Edinburg/ McCallen area, went up the valley to some park, camping out of the back of a '72 f250. Found out the park was real famous. Bird watchers FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD would come there to observe some "rare bird" certain times of the year. Har!
Also found out that we were parked right under THE tree that it was expected to arrive at that particular morning. No signs or warnings. Normal looking campsite with a nice tree to the side.
We woke up surrounded by hundreds of smiling faces with binoculars and cameras waving at us and pointing to the tree, with a finger to their lips.
I think back and wonder how many campers over the years have had such a pleasant surprise and if the birdwatchers weren't looking forward to the extra entertainment provided by some innocent pilgrims. And i thought i was a light sleeper. Arrrgh! Some of the europeans wanted to stick their heads inside the cap and get pictures of the cots, mesquita net, camping tools etc etc.
We relocated a few spots down the park and started a fire, had the dutch oven out and some of the crowd came down to see what the source of the smell the morning nappy heads were making and took pictures of the biscuits and gravy. No hotels anywheres close, just at sunrise, i couldn't understand where they all came from so early and quite. It was like a raid of ninjas. Fond memories and with a DO camping out with my son.
Tnx fer the Texas howdy mate.
bigfoote

PostPosted: Sunday 2-15-2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from Utah, pull up a chair while the black pot is hot, and fill free to join in!
Par

PostPosted: Sunday 2-15-2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Har to Utah Reply with quote

Burnt finger on woodstove first thing this morning 0500. (Well actually was messin with a gadget on the woodstove) Off to the river and chipping ice shoveling snow thinking that maybe Utah might be a nice change of pace. Blowing 20 gusting 40 plus at about 8 degrees. the hatch to the engine room was froze tight. Took a while to get open. Slow day on the river. One car in the last hour. Nice to get howdys here from so many good folks. Seems like a great site without the attitudes some have. Just got wife a new burr grinder for her coffee and now the drip pot is leaking all over the counter. Been using a French press from daughter whilst studying reviews and doing homework for new house pot of the drip type. Nice to find all the help on the French press. Saved me from pestering neighbor for instructions. Tnx again for invite Utah.
cliffmeister2000
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sunday 2-15-2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from Central Arizona! Thumbs Up

Cliff

God, People
1John 4:9-11
bc toys

PostPosted: Friday 2-20-2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the group from Las Vegas Nv enjoy cooking
Par

PostPosted: Tuesday 2-24-2015 4:43 am    Post subject: Har tnx Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcomes. I am gonna try to move in to the site and hopefully wont embarrass myself. Mybe i can remember to try to sit up wind of the fire?
Thanks again everyone.
Par
Mar n Par 30+
pete

PostPosted: Thursday 2-26-2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Par, Welcome! I got some bird watching friends that I'll share your story with. What do you do on the water, commercial fishing or just recreation? I'm thinking commercial to be out when it gets that cold.
Par

PostPosted: Thursday 2-26-2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yazzer, on the water now, used to be in or under. Was a time when i was over, on and under almost at the same time. Seven hundred foot static line jump onto a foriegn frigate in the middle of the pacific, darn near a gale with squals blowin. Cieling at 750, pretty bumpy ride to work, was below minimums but was a long ride out and didn't seem right to turn around and not help out.
I run a small six car state ferry now on a river. Short crossin, backwater area. Lots of farms on both sides. I keep bees, rent them to the farmers in the summer. Hope i have some survive this winter.
The ferry, the area of and the history is known be haunted. I have sorta had dealings with it. One of the other captains who has been here twice as long as me said every now and again to put some cigerettes on a grave monument across the street from the dock and that will ussualy tend to matters for a while. Our deck hands are "special needs" / (lightly handicapped or somewhat mentally challenged) so we dont makea production about it. Sometimes we get passengers looking for such and such bridge or house, ghost hunters. Mostly kids skippin school. Its the whole area with the history there. My faith is strong, so it doesnt bother me much, but i have noticed peculiarities.
On a lighter note, the snow today was the perfect kind to make a canvas tent with a woodstove in it a real delight. Not too cold but heavy. Had to work, shovel off ferry, ramps and aproaches.
Tent and stove stayed in the garage...... Growing mold.....Tears.
Off tomorrow, hope to cook some collards on the camp chef outside, sorta play at it. Not sure rather CI or stainless, rather busy day with two upright basses coming through the shop at home. Sorry about the ramblin, kinda in a daze, long day, 12.5 hr shift, half of it shoveling to get open. Lotta shoveling this past week.
Tnx agn for the welcomes, I will try not to abuse the hospitality.
Par
AZ Steve

PostPosted: Tuesday 3-3-2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A warm welcome from sunny Mesa, AZ. Pull up a chair and join the conversation, lots of great people with lots of great information just waiting to be shared. And we are always looking forward to hearing about others adventures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Say Howdy! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: