www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

No Events in the Southwest ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boxkitecook

PostPosted: Wednesday 8-1-2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have gathering at teardrop and tinny travel trailer events and usually have lots of DO's.

Might be time to build a trailer and join in.
they have no restroom nor shower on board just a bed and a Kitchen.

Just last wkend I had a choice from eating out of more then the eye can see.

we slept next to this one.
Joanne has one. Ask Joanne

I noticed on your what do you like to do you had camping and Dutch Oven cooking goes hand in hand.
Cast Iron Dave

PostPosted: Thursday 8-2-2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Teardrop Reply with quote

My teardrop is 25' with 2 slides. After 40 years of camping with me, my Wifes idea of "Ruffin" It" is NOT having a blender for her Margaretta's !
DeborahD

PostPosted: Tuesday 9-4-2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Southern California, 40 miles from LA, and I've never heard of any DO groups. If they are out there I've missed them.
BigCAT

PostPosted: Tuesday 9-4-2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeborahD wrote:
I live in Southern California, 40 miles from LA, and I've never heard of any DO groups. If they are out there I've missed them.

This group should have events you coould attend.
http://www.socaldos.org/
The Teardrop Nanny

PostPosted: Wednesday 9-5-2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Here's an event for you Reply with quote

:Smile 1: Despair, no more, you black pot foodies.....here is an event for you that is in Northern California and it's coming up in a month.

Calling all cast iron cooks to a dutch oven cook-off that coincides with Fortuna's Apple Harvest Festival. Save the date, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6TH, for this annual Fortuna Dutch Oven Society (FDOS) community gathering featuring some very FINE cooks!!

NO ENTRY FEE to cook/compete and cooks may enter one, two, or three dishes in the main dish, bread, and dessert categories. Judging begins around noon and free samples are given out to the public attending the camp/dutch oven cook-off. $ Cash prizes $ will be given out for 1st-3rd places. You can come to cook or come to watch and eat....but please come if you want to try some DO food.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6th in Northwestern California
Join us, Joanie and Dean, for a fun, family friendly event.

If you visit the video section on this forum, or go to our Cooking Channel, you can view the Fortuna Apple Harvest 2010 version to see what the cook-of is like.

Thanks Outdoor Cast Iron Cooking

Fogcrawler & The Teardrop Nanny

Life is uncertain....eat dessert first....preferably one cooked in a Dutch Oven.
MioneRR

PostPosted: Wednesday 2-6-2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a DO group that's been started for the Colorado Front Range. Here's the info I received a couple of days ago. We in Southern Colorado have been under a "no burn" for the past two years. Hard to practice without coals.

"We have set the schedule for Dutch Oven Gatherings for 2013.
Typically, our DOG's are held on even number months on the second Saturday.

Details will be on our Facebook page, "Front Range IDOS"

First event is this Saturday (2/9/2013) in Greely at Dayspring Christian Academy in Greeley, Colorado.
We'll set up around 10:00AM and be ready to hand out samples to the
scouts and leaders who have attended the local "Merit Badge University" at noon.
2. Back to Sportsman's Warehouse, April 13th 11 W. 84th, Thornton, CO. Again, set up at 10:00AM with demo and samples following.
3. June 8, 2013, DOG Camp-Out at St. Vrain State Campground (east of Longmont, U.S. 34 and I-25). DOG will be Saturday morning. Some of us will go up early (Thursday) for camping and fellowship.
4. August 10, 2013 JAX in Lafayette, CO. 900 S. Highway 287 (cross street, Baseline). Last year we had a dessert competition. Who knows what this year. Set-up at 10:00AM.
5. October 2. 2013 (note this is the first weekend of the month). Again at Fort Collins nursery (exact address will be posted later). DOG to celebrate summer harvest."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Southwest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: