www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Mexican Food

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibupropane

PostPosted: Thursday 8-11-2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Mexican Food Reply with quote

Over the past 40 years I've traveled occasionally in Mexico. I've been to Guadalajara and the surrounding area, the Pacific coast west to there as well as Monterrey and several towns in that area. I've also visited nearly every town along the border.
I've came to the conclusion that food in Mexico is rather bland compared to what is usually served north of the border. Sweets such as cake and cookies are not as sweet as those items are here. A Mexican taco is nothing like a Taco Bell taco.
I also believe Mexican food gets spicier as you get farther away from the border. In USA towns close to the border food is not significantly different than south of the border. Northern New Mexico has much better food to my taste than food in Mexico (or anywhere else for that matter)

An observation I thought I would share.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: