www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

calico ghost town camp-out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bc toys

PostPosted: Sunday 2-13-2011 9:06 am    Post subject: calico ghost town camp-out Reply with quote

Las Vegas DOG is planing a camp-out at Calico Ghost Town April 8th thru 10th would like to invite all of you to join us you can go on line and book sites at www.calicotown@parks.sbcounty.gov we are trying to get sites d-1 thru d-10 and as many other as needed. Would love to meet as many other DO cookers and TT campers as we can get to come camping with us You can call 1-877-387-2757 ask for Karen tell her you are with the Las Vegas DOG and would like to book site next to us SEE YOU AT CALICO
pot-luck sat at 2:00 pm (mystry dish)

Bobby & Becky D10
Dave & Kathleen D9
Sally D11
Carol D8

Last edited by bc toys on Tuesday 2-15-2011 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
bc toys

PostPosted: Sunday 2-13-2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I booked D10 site can't wait to see all of you there Baddd Baddd already know what my dish is going to be Laughing Laughing
toby2win

PostPosted: Sunday 2-13-2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have booked site D-9. My dish is still a MYSTERY to me.

Kathleen

Kathleen
bc toys

PostPosted: Wednesday 3-23-2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 day and we go camping and cooking better get ready for all the fun I plan on having. We will be enjoying it all the mystery food and friendship we will spread around hope to see you there
toby2win

PostPosted: Tuesday 3-29-2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 weeks to the Mystery DOG!!!!

We are planning on an exciting event for the mystery DOG. Set your thinking caps on. We will be supplying a small basket of mystery ingredients for a mystery meal. Sort of a take off from the show chopped.

Kathleen

Kathleen
toby2win

PostPosted: Thursday 4-14-2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The members of Las Vegas Dutch Oven Society traveled south on the I-15 to attend the April Mystery DOG at Calico Ghost Town. Under threatening skies, they all survived the gusting winds and toured the Ghost Town on Saturday morning. After looking at the ghost town, exploring the glory hole of the silver mine and riding the Odessa train; the mystery DOG began.

Eager participants choose mystery spices to create a mystery dish. The creativity of the members and guests were equal to the creations seen on the Food Networks show “Chopped.” Thank you Bobby and Becky for creating the mystery spice bags with the Calico logo on them. They served curry and noodles, deviled eggs, chili cheese drop biscuits, brucsetta, Indian meatballs, peeps in a nest, mixed berry cobbler with cocoa powder laced crust and an apple cobbler.

The main course of the afternoon continued with well flavored Dutch oven delights. The table was lined with cast iron filled with Sheppard’s pie, chicken tortilla soup, chicken fajita soup, green chili chicken enchiladas, red chili enchiladas, chicken enchilada wrapped in pastry, apricot chicken, and a chicken and squash casserole. Congratulations to all the chefs for their fabulous food.

Kathleen
Joanne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Saturday 4-16-2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calico is definately worth taking the time to visit. It's a bit touristy (as would be expected) but still quite interesting. The wind blew all weekend long but we missed the rain that was all around us and the snow up in Vegas. As always we had a fun group of folks who whipped up some great food. We all ate until we hurt.

Kathleen's Chopped competition using a "secret ingredient" was an absolute blast. I was stunned that the amazing dishes that folks prepared. (As a side note, I got my butt kicked by these amazing cooks!)

Joanne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Southwest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: