www.camp-cook.com Forum Index www.camp-cook.com
Home of the REAL iron chefs!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Event CalendarEvent Calendar  email Joanneemail Joanne    T&TTTT&TTT    TearjerkersTearjerkers   How to Post PhotosHow To Post Photos

Welcome new members! Please read this.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Say Howdy!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joanne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wednesday 9-9-2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Welcome new members! Please read this. Reply with quote

Welcome to Camp-Cook.com!

I would like to welcome you to a really fun discussion group where we share our love of outdoor cooking. We have members from all over the world with a wide variety of camp cooking experience and techniques. For those of you are new to Dutch Oven cooking, we have a number of resources to get you started on the right track. If you are an experienced camp cook, we look forward to seeing your favorite recipes and techniques. I always love seeing new recipes and learning new techniques from people who cook differently than I do.

Camp-Cook.com is the result of a number of great folks working behind the scenes. The moderators and I focus on making this site a fun and friendly place for you to spend your time. We expect all of our members to chat in a friendly manner with no flames or sniping at other members. Sure, there are reasonable disagreements about some topics, but we expect those discussions to remain respectful.

Every discussion group on the internet has its own personality. Some are laser focused on the topic and no one is allowed to stray off topic. Camp-Cook is more like a family sitting around the dinner table. We love to talk about cooking but we also stray into many other topics as well. I will ask that we donít start discussions on politics, religion, gun control, etc. These topics are better discussed in other web forums.

From time to time we have a member who runs a business and is curious if he or she can mention it on the forum. I understand that times are tough right now, so we have set up a special section of the discussion forum named the Trading Post. This is the perfect place for you to let the other members know of your product or service. If you have some camping or cooking equipment you want to get rid of, feel free to post it there as well. I also donít mind a casual mention of your business during a normal conversation if it pertains to the topic at hand. That said, I will not allow anyone to unnecessarily ďspamĒ the list in an attempt to promote their business or products. If I feel that someone has gone beyond where I'm happy with, I'll send a private message to discuss it. The final decision rests solely with me. It's not been a problem in the past and I don't foresee it being one in the future either.

Thank you for taking time to read through this. We have a great group of folks here and your membership makes it even better! We would sure appreciate it if you would introduce yourself right here in the Say Howdy sub-forum. That gives us the chance to learn a little about you and give you a big Camp-Cook hello.

Welcome friend!
Joanne and the Camp-Cook.com team
BIGDADDYBR549

PostPosted: Thursday 9-10-2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joanne, thanks for watching over us. I enjoy this site and appricate you work. BIGDADDY
WeLoveToCamp

PostPosted: Monday 2-7-2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Greetings All,

Thanks Joanne, for watching over this site. I just found it and am very excited!

Steve
Thumbs Up
Camping and Dutch ovens are Great. We absolutely love to camp, cook, eat, have fun, and enjoy ourselves. There are the three of us and the dog. Me & my wife of +25 years, born in the late 50's, my son born in 2001, and our Cocker Spaniel born in 2005.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.camp-cook.com Forum Index -> Say Howdy! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: